In the last edition of our eNews
, we did an article on smartphone photography and the use of portrait mode. This is the feature that blurs backgrounds. In this article you'll see a bunch of school photos I took on an iPhone - sorry pro photographers, but a smartphone's all you need for your website.
Check out our demo site at demo.sponsored4.com
to see a range of photos both inside and out, blurry backgrounds and some not and a range of compositions (photographer speak for where you want people to stand).
A few tips.
- Make sure the lens is clean - they can get awfully smudgy
- Get in close so the subjects are the stars not the whiteboard and carpet
- For outside shots, keep the sun over your shoulder
- Add text to your homepage gallery images to tell a story about your school activities. "A picture is worth a 1,000 words" is not true. A few words help
- Explore smartphone photography features, they're amazing. Make Portrait (iPhone) mode your friend - it's a game changer
Click on the image and view our demo site.